“Desert Island Kicks” is a pale imitation of the legendary “Desert Island Discs” format. I’m looking to nab answers from footie fans from all corners of the globe and all walks of life.
You’re stranded on a desert island, what footballing memories would you take with you? I want you to pick a game, shirt, goal, player and piece of turf from a stadium to take with you to a desert island, oh and you’re allowed one luxury too.
GAME: We’ll allow you to take the recording of one game of your choice.
SHIRT: Choose wisely, the vomitty old Arsenal away kit might attract wasps.
GOAL: Same as the game basically
PLAYER: We’re not as harsh as DID, you can share the island with a player (and we allow ghosts). Hint: Edmundo could be a good hunter, Yakubu could make a good raft, and Leo Messi would be great at shinning up coconut trees.
PIECE OF TURF: eg. “The Euro ’96 penalty spot that Gareth Southgate missed from, so I can practice taking pens…successfully”
LUXURY: eg. A Mitre Fluo Flare …OR… Floodlights …OR… A ghillie suit in Everton colours
Fancy taking part? Email me at ed[dot]bottomley[at]gmail[dot]com
Desert Island Kicks Archive
- David Wangerin – Author
- Lukey Moore – The Football Ramble
- Christopher Mann – The Equaliser Blog
- Jason Davis – Match Fit USA, KCKRS
- Tony Evans – Football Editor of The Times.
- James Tyler – Football writer. ESPN.
- Paul Tomkins – Liverpool writer/author.
- Stuart Fuller – The Ball Is Round
- David Hartrick - Editor of In Bed With Maradona
- Chris Nee – Editor. Twofootedtackle.com
- Michael Wade – talkSPORT. Reading FC.